Politics Letters Page

In the first of our series of Politics Letters Pages, we have chosen the cream of the crop of correspondence from our hundreds of daily readers on the subject of - you guessed it - letters!

Dear Editor,

I didn't even know they had held an election in Afghanistan till I saw new Afghan president Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai on television last night. I often have a headache thinking that I have to study up on new leaders in the world. Luckily, however, ca plus meme change, il fait pleut c'est meme chose.
We have new president Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai above.
And lo and behold! We have former president, Afghanistani Hamid Karzai below!
Hiya!
It is very generous of the people of Afghanistan to elect a lookalike as they continue their long transition to internationally-sanctioned rule.

Not only this, but "Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai" sounds the exact same as "Afghanistani Hamid Karzai", at least to my eye! Luckily, I can still mumble "Hamid Karzai" in conversation without fear of being thought out-of-date - and mumbling is one thing I'm good at.

Not to steal focus from anything else that's going on in the world, but I wonder what your other readers think?

Yours sincerely,

Bill Cosby

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: JIHADI A Love Story by Yusuf Toropov

Dead Men Naked by Dario Cannizzaro

The Survival Girls Book Review