UNRELIABLE NARRATORS IN YUSUF TOROPOV'S JIHADI




Yusuf's novel, JIHADI, has made the quarter finals of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards. It features unreliable narration, and a brilliant central character, Theolonius Liddell, whose life experiences have resulted in both a need to excel and in mental illness. Another character suffers from inoperable brain cancer: The upshot is plenty of uncertainty and second guessing. Much of the beauty of the novel for the reader is trying to discern fact from fiction within the novel's narrative - although this great work operates on many levels, and the thrilling story can readily be taken at face value.

Download JIHADI at Amazon UK or at Amazon US, then read and review it now!

Comments

  1. It does not sound like something I am aching to read, but I am sure there are people who would be very interested in this genre. It is also a unique talk on the letter U for the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. It really isn't as confusing as I've described it, I have to say. It CAN in fact be read very superficially. I'm a rather poor critic myself, but I do feel that there is far more to it than meets the eye.

      Delete
    2. I am sure it is good, but it sounds like a fantasy novel, yes? I am more of a historical fiction or contemporary fiction person myself.

      Delete
    3. No, Julia. It's actually contemporary fiction, focusing on US foreign policy in the Middle East, among much else.

      Delete
    4. Jolly good! My short stories "Sex and Desperate Hearts" is a bit more straightforward.

      Delete
  2. Here's the link while its free til May 6 : http://t.co/RM1PTPff70

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: JIHADI A Love Story by Yusuf Toropov

Dead Men Naked by Dario Cannizzaro

The Survival Girls Book Review