Socks for Christmas


My sister bought me a lovely pair of socks one year for Christmas instead of a second set of earphones. The socks had a bald man's head on them with a caption that said "I'm not bald, I'm just taller than my hair!"





I always thought it strange that the socks (manufactured for one's feet) should carry this message pertaining to a hairless head, at the other end of the body. Needless to say, there are too many holes in the socks for me to comfortably wear them any more. But I hit upon a great idea - I brought them to a jewellery manufacturer the other day, and had the pair attached to hoop earrings that dangle from my lobes. 

Now my socks convey their wonderfully self-deprecating message much closer to my head, and I no longer have to expose my ankles and look like a complete idiot in order to get a laugh!

Comments

  1. Too funny! I do love socks and I like to make earrings, but I don't think I'll ever wear sock earrings. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. And thanks for returning, Chrys. Hope you're enjoying the challenge. You're doing some super work.

      Delete
  2. Made me laugh. You are such a funny person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sense of humor. It would be funny to see someone do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that's one of my favorite quotes! Have you ever watched NCIS? One of the characters is interviewing a witness that's bald and runs a barber shop and he comments that it's ironic seeing he's bald. A reply of "I'm not bald" is met with well you're taller than your hair. Always cracks me up no matter how many times I've seen the episode :)

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: JIHADI A Love Story by Yusuf Toropov

Dead Men Naked by Dario Cannizzaro

The Survival Girls Book Review